<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, November 17, 2007

The movie Phenomenon (John Travolta , 1996) seems to have kept the boss (soon to be Commissioner of Agricultural Resources) up 'thinking' for 24 hours. He bugged me for a week to watch it. OK I watched it. My email back to boss:

The reasons you wanted to discuss Phenomenon:

1) You liked the shadows cast by the windmills on the FARM buildings
2) The solar power panels on the FARM roof intrigued you
3) FARMER Travolta's extraterrestrial encounter is the perfect segue for your finally spilling the beans that you once had a U.F.O. experience (which would explain a lot)
4) You want to know if I think this is a Scientology cult movie

I thought the movie was OK but I think it must be a guy's equivalent of a 'chick flick' (hubby liked it too) i.e. it expresses every mid-life guy's fantasy! Misunderstood genius escapes the clutches of the rat race (in this case the FBI that wants to exploit his telekinetic powers) and goes back to play in the sand box of his idyllic farm and make really cool toys; he has a great father figure in his life and a great best friend (and he's BLACK too!!!); he wins the heart of the beautiful woman nobody else has been successful in wooing; he gets great sex minutes before his death; and, he then gets yearly birthday parties held in his memory. What every guy wants!

I will give you that the shaving scene was really good i.e. I've often fantasized about shaving my husband with a really sharp razor... Must be tough to get around Travolta's cleft chin though.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?