<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, June 14, 2006



BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!!!!! Kudos go to Nestle (Inc.?, LLC?). In response to recent legislation in many states banning soda from school premises (as a measure to minder childhood obesity), Nestle has launched a campaign promoting the latest and greatest in kids' drinks. Yes, water [!] is the trend drink of the moment. Packaged in a Tele-Tubby bottle called AquaPod (do they have an agreement do you think with Apple?), you could probably buy this new-fangled drink for $1.25...If I were a Town/City Water Department anywhere in the country with half-way decent water, I can tell you I'd be launching some kind of counter campaign against the absurdity of paying such a mark-up on what is in most parts of the country a still quite ubiquitous safe, healthful product...

The Awaited Pronoun. The Rep and Anna Bloviations have been wondering for weeks now if our new hire is gay or not. The Rep's 'Gay-dar' said yes; Anna Bloviations wasn't so sure. But hints were definitely dropped i.e. he let us know he was joining friends in last weekend's Gay Pride Parade in Boston. OK...., but the Rep often attends this parade and he's not gay so it doesn't necessarily follow that our new guy is gay by association. By experience, when a gay person wants to let you know they are gay, they at some point in a conversation non-chalantly drop the he/she pronoun i.e. he/she says: "Yes, this weekend I celebrated six months with my partner [almost the pronoun but not yet]. He's/She's just so great... I'm crazy about him/her." OK there it is. Thank you. Got it. But our new guy went about it a different way (we should mention as a matter of interest that he is from a family of eleven -- eight of whom are sisters -- Believe it or not they are neither Catholic or Mormon). But we digress. He says to me today, "Do you know the nearest place I might pick up a copy of the Improper Bostonian?" I suggest the Omni Hotel and am clueless to the direction of his inquiry. After lunch he comes back and flips the procured magazine to the back section. "Here's a picture of me and my friends!" he exclaims. The poor boy (all 25-years-old of him) is shaking as he hands me the magazine. I smile and look at the photo of him and two friends. His friends are two males. The backdrop of the photo/story is a hot new gay club on Boylston Street in Boston. We think briefly to the recently featured article in D.C. where Anna Bloviations' son's 'wingman'/hetero-sexual lifestyle was so prominently featured. Difference? Well, the son gave his name to the reporter for one thing (but not his picture). My guy at the State House didn't give his name (but there was his picture....) Is the son any more stupid than our newly hired? Hell if I know. I know both are smart. Both are charming. Both graduated college. Both are trying to make their way [our guy at the State House moved to Boston because his brother had cancer and he wanted to be closer to him]. Both obviously get drunk at bars and don't make the wisest of decisions vis a vis the press....


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?