<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Wear White on the Subway. For Christmas I got a completely impractical winter-white wool coat that looks like a million dollars but my god how do you keep it clean? Well who would have 'thunk... There is an interesting thing I've noticed: when I wear my gorgeous white coat to work (which entails riding the subway many stops), I am suddenly the last person anyone sits next to.... It's as if there is some subliminal collective agreement to try and keep my coat clean by not sitting next to me. Brilliant.

Aging Notes. The wide girth afforded to me on the subway when I wear my white coat has also afforded me the time and space to people-watch... Note: men over forty-five shouldn't wear jeans nor leather jackets. They look lame. Women over the age of thirty-five shouldn't wear eye make-up save for a very subtle bit of mascara; they look old otherwise. Both sexes over the age of forty should only color their hair if they have a lot of disposable income to afford a good stylist; otherwise it looks awful.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?