<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, January 01, 2006

Still a Kid. The twenty-one-year-old called to say he'd left his cell phone in some New York taxi. Was he expecting I call all of the NY taxi companies' Lost & Found numbers?

Not Going Down Like That. A friend and I got on the subject of birth control and I mentioned how happy I've been with the I.U.D. which the gyno says I may keep in until, gulp, menopause. My friend, on the other hand, had her's taken out claiming it made her periods heavier. "So what are you using for birth control?" I asked. Her response was that she isn't using any. "Don't you think that's a bit risky? I asked incredulously. A pregnant pause (no pun intended). "Well we really don't have sex very often so it's not really an issue. And when we do I have him use a condom." How sad. No wonder so many people are on Prozac.

Goals for the New Year. None really. Maybe build up my free-lance writing business to the extent I can bring in an extra 10K to get hubby off my back that I should be bringing in more... Oh and maybe a little electrolysis to get rid of a few stubborn chin hairs that have sprouted at age 46. Just a few mind you. Visible in the 5X magnifying mirror. Or should I wax...

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?