<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, November 11, 2005

Sherpa Girl Drinks $287 Glass of Wine. Hubby contracted Anna Bloviations to go pick up his suit at Saks Fifth Avenue. I don't know anyone in his right mind that goes to Saks and buys clothes retail except my husband, really, but that is beside the point. He already has a Ferrari in his mouth from all of the dental work he has had done over the years so why not a dress shirt that costs $125? I pick up the heavy armful of clothing but before leaving ask the salesman if anything we bought over the weekend went on sale (having noticed the 30-40% off sale signs all over the store). Gee, did I say something wrong?

With $287 credit to my Visa, I trek to the subway station with suits and pants in hand. Now it is rush hour and it takes five stops before I get a seat. Sherpa girl finally gets home, drops the garment bag onto the couch, goes straight for the refrigerator and pulls out the most expensive bottle of wine in there (a $13 bottle of La Crema meant as a hostess gift for a dinner party). No matter. The first cold sip of wine tastes like $1,000,287.....

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?