<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, September 12, 2005

Scorch Policy. The fall season reigns supreme for major changes in Anna Bloviation's life and this one portends no exception. Deeply dissatisfied with a spineless boss who has no convictions, the royal we is on the prowl for new opportunities. Just today the hot-headed Irish boss blew up finding out that I am again off to Europe for two weeks having just returned from San Francisco. Now I know how this must sound to most readers but you must understand the amount of useless idle time one spends at the State House. Sorry guys, but if there is no work to be done, let me be off and doing something productive with my time until such time as there is again work at which time I will do it. The alternative is going postal. There was a lot of sputtering on his end of the phone and so I told him simply that I thought it best I go. Said I, "This present job in its current manifestation is ruining and corrupting my being. I AM TURNING INTO A LISTLESS, LETHARGIC, UNMOTIVATED STATE EMPLOYEE." He might not have caught all the vocabulary but I think my emotional frankness helped the conversation steer towards a mutual understanding. He is at least Mensch enough to know what goes down at the State House. In fact he openly admitted that every aide he has had has left after about a year; they had all started out gung-ho but slowly their Mojo was sucked out of them by nothing more than close proximity to the building. Needless to say he is now being very nice to me...

Lo-and-behold two opportunities have fallen into our lap. A voicemail message from the company with whom I recently interviewed is requesting a second interview. This would be the job where I would actually have to work for a living. Pros: slightly better pay, no commute to speak of, mind stimulation, and career advancement opportunities. Cons: having to actually work for a living, deadlines, a lot less flexibility. But at this point almost anything would be better than State government. But what-do-you-know, along flitters opportunity number 2... Another Rep has offered me a job that would put me into my own district. We had a tete-a-tete today whereby I laid out EXACTLY my intentions and aspirations were I to make this lateral move. "So if I understand you," he said after my fifteen minute rant, "you want to be paid a full-time salary for a half-time job and work exclusively from home except for an occasional Friday to cover for my other aide." "Yes, exactly," I replied. Should I receive an offer from the other company following round 2 of interviews, I can only say that this will be an extremely interesting choice to have to make...

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?