<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, September 18, 2005

From Heathrow to Who Knows. A full moon and train expansion project at London's Heathrow Airport were no doubt the cause of the 2 1/2-hour circuitous route I took to the apartment/hotel. Anna didn't pay attention and ended up on the local Piccadilly line -- a line that offers up twenty-plus stops and an eclectic mix-up of Londoners . Anna didn't pay attention again and got off at the wrong station. Anna wondered what the handicapped do at these tube stations because there sure as hell aren't any escalators or elevators and one of my suitcases was an un-ergonomic relic from the 80's that had me cursing like a sailor when I finally ascended to the sidewalk from the bowels of the city. On a Saturday night, taxis were scarce and so I ended up sharing a taxi with a guy who insisted his destination 'was just a few blocks' from where I wanted to go. In the confines of the taxi, I realized the 'bloke' was completely drunk. A friend of his had just called to tell him that he had spotted his motorcycle which the bloke had misplaced during the course of the evening. Now he was on a race with time to get to his unlocked bike before it got stolen. He was very excited when we pulled up to his bike. So excited that he paid his and my cab fare. Which was a good thing given his destination was not just a few blocks from where I wanted to go... I love adventures like these. I really do.

St. Paul's Cathedral doesn't believe in sleeping in on Sunday. The bells go on and on forever. Hubby asked if I wanted to check out the new office in London. Wow is all I can say. Wait till you see the pictures I'll download later. It turned out to be a trick of course. He and a few of the marketing team or putting some final touches on the user's group meeting presentation. So I have pirated someone's computer here. Couldn't tell you who it is. No pictures of kids, animals, or significant others. No stuffed toys. Just a Bic pen and some Panasonic earphones. Thanks whoever you are.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?