<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

A Year Off of My Life? The fingerprints diligently removed from our high-maintenance Jenn-Air stainless steel refrigerator, the one I really didn't want (because I knew it would be high-maintenance), but had to get because it was the only one that was slim enough to fit in the new galley kitchen, I decided to take it to the next maintenance level i.e. replacing the water filter. Alas, NO ONE HAD PUT A WATER FILTER IN TO BEGIN WITH and so all the while I was smugly drinking my bacteria-icky-stuff-removed water, I was just actually drinking all of the afore-mentioned, albeit icy cold (expending all the while energy to open the refrigerator door to get my icy-cold non-filtered icky tap water). You win a year, you lose a year...

Roast Beef Turf.
The fight of the summer with the daughter was over two slices of roast beef. Yes really. She is fiercely territorial about her food; whole sections of the refrigerator are barbed wired and booby trapped to prevent others infringing on her dietary needs of the day. And with all due respect, we are all VERY CAREFUL not to trespass on her FAGE 0% Greek yogurt and mashed cauliflower. But heh shit happens. One gets hungry. One doesn't necessarily know that the lean roast beef sitting lonesome in a ziplock bag for over a week WAS JUST WHAT SHE WANTED that afternoon or that even if it wasn't, NOW SHE WOULD HAVE TO GO OUT (and sigh), BUY SOME MORE. I would have liked to have thought that the fight we got into was really about something deeper. But it wasn't. It was about two pieces of roast beef. I even sent the son out to get more f***ing roast beef but that didn't count because I DIDN'T GO OUT TO GET THE ROAST BEEF. I told her she was an absolute absurd bitch. And she called me names too. All is well now and we are good friends again. But roast beef? Now had it been chocolate.... Meanwhile Congress has passed the most absurd and lamest energy bill ever. Even worse than the daughter going ballistic over roast beef.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?