<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, August 18, 2005

What Guilt is This? I am feeling guilty about a trip to Mexico I have been invited to. A trip with my mother and aunt. No hubby. There is a gracious offer of 'chipping in' by the mother given that no State House salary of mine is going to get anyone to Puerto Valarta without a sugar daddy or a gun and she too knows that asking hubby to front the bill would be pushing it given all that he does for us already. But I just can't do it. This life-long hedonist is getting old I guess and my, "well I'm just lucky and you're not" attitude is being up-ended by "gee, the poor guy just never gets a break. And I do..." Definition: hubby sweats, scrambles, and plods for every inch of his life and successes. I, unfairly and inexplicably, live a life of, "oh gee, look what just dropped out of the sky into my lap!" No I'm not rich, but I have the luck of acquiring ultimate flexibility which in my mind is equivalent to at least a $100K salary.

It's the same pheomena that affects the gambling world -- some have it and some don't... Over the course of twenty-five years my sister-in-law has beat me hands-down at a dice game that is purportedly based entirely on chance. I can't win dice but I seem (knock-on-wood) to have a knack at winning life (well, yes, of course I'm going to die but you know what I mean). The son got it from me too. The daughter, as talented as she is, will have to fight for every inch.

This summer, for example, I have had more or less the entire glorious summer off given the circumstances of my pathetic job and will also have September off as well due to my 'lucky-star' whatever. That said, I simply cannot, in good conscience, (is this I, Anna Bloviations, speaking?) take ten days off the beginning of December to cavort with my mother and aunt in Mexico. I simply couldn't step off the plane December 10th all sun-tanned and s
ay, "Hi honey I'm home, how was your week!" I wish my hubby more luck. So that I can utilize mine more...

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?