<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, June 20, 2005

Because I Can. The boss called my house bullshit (in a rage). The daughter called me in from the garden from whence I was weeding. "Hi how are you doing?" I ask. A sputtering is to be heard on the other end of the phone. Summary: the boss doesn't like my summer philosophy of doing a 3-day/2-day alternating week with the colleague. Well the boss didn't seem to mind last week when I told him of my plans but obviously he wasn't listening to what I was proposing. The summer months at the State House are preposterously slow so why have two adult employees idling at the office with nothing to do? If there is anything I can't stand is idle idling. Schade um den Tag... So I sent an email to my colleague suggesting I would take today and Thursday off. OK so I didn't call the boss at the diner this morning to inform him but I can assure you that everything was under control. Shit hits the fan when he calls in a fume. But I don't care is the thing.... "I didn't sign up to be a quasi receptionist whiling the hours away until the good Representative deigns to pop into the office for forty minutes on a whim..." I will quit. Because I can. He wants a full-time babysitter to take care of his day and make him look good. I can take on that role. But I have to have an awful lot of respect/love for the person I am to babysit to do it. I have neither for this guy. End of September is my deadline to quit/find-another-job. But not just because I can doesn't mean I'll leave a person hanging. I'll promise him three big deliverables plus training of new person before I move on...

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?