<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, April 30, 2005

A Pop-Collar Operator and the Good-Grade Gorgeous Girl. The college kids in D.C. were visited over the weekend. Their expensively tiny dorm rooms were viewed. The campus and Georgetown were walked. My visiting mother and I then took the kids and dorm mates to dinner. The pop-collar operator son made the restaurant suggestions for both Friday and Saturday. The Friday restaurant laid claim to the hostess and waitress both knowing pop-collar son which helped to procure a window seat looking out to the Potomac river. The Saturday restaurant laid claim to a frat buddy behind the bar which ensured a steady flow of alcohol to not-quite-twenty-one son and buddies (the girls declined to drink). Meanwhile the good-grade gorgeous girl daughter continues her ascent to the top of the GPA charts. But would her good grades have gotten us a seat by the window? Or a connection to the bar? Nope.

Boy Scene. Anna Bloviation's pried the roommates about the boy scene at GW. None is particularly enthralled by what is available. The boys are either gay, metro sexual, or pop-collar. All are for the most part jerks. "What does pop-collar mean anyway?" I ask. "Look left." I turn to the boys on my left. Each has his polo shirt 'popped up' at the collar. "Oh I see!" Not being able to resist an opportunity to needle the son, I relay to him and the other boy the sentiments of the girls on my right. Without missing a beat the son smiles coyly and replies, "Well, it works for me." What a smooth operator I think. I hope your smoothness operates you right into the job market soon too....

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?