<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Darwinism Right Outside the Window. Damn the little birdies are cute fluttering about my rhododendron bush by the kitchen window. But geez are they low-tide-at-the-gene-pool creatures if I ever saw some. The romantically attracted pair have been kissing and humping for pre-spring weeks now and I guess things have ratcheted up to the next level as just recently they have begun building a little nest for the babies-to-be. I've watched bemused as mom and dad collect pine needles, dog hair, unidentifiable fuzz and what-not for their little house in the burbs. Unfortunately they don't seem to get the message that the location they are determined to build their nest is just not going to work i.e. it is tucked inside the venting duct leading out from the side of my house and every time I turn the oven fan on, it blows their nest right the hell back out into the rhododendron bush. Four nights of cooking have not deterred their efforts. Sorry guys. You are the weakest link...

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?