<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Maybe a few red pepper flakes too many. In my mango chutney that is. But otherwise quite good for a first attempt at culinary domesticity.

Time for a sit-down with the boss...i.e. he seemed a little irked when I told him I'd be out on Monday. "Geez," he said. "You take more vacation than the politicians do!" "You mean like you?" I countered. Pause... "Well yes." "Oh no sorry boss. But I don't even come close to you." That ended the discussion for now but I can see that we need to have a little Let's-Get-On-the-Same-Page conversation. Maybe I'll write him a letter. One using simple eighth-grade vocabulary he'll grasp: I AM ONLY GOING TO WORK 20 HOURS A WEEK FOR YOUR ASS AND BE HAPPY YOU HAVE THAT BECAUSE I'M STILL DOING A HELL OF A LOT MORE THAN THESE PASTY SOLITAIRE-PLAYING GLOBS I'M SURROUNDED BY. AND UNLESS YOU HAVE A DEATH WISH, DON'T EVER FONDLE MY CHARM BRACELET AGAIN.


Another oddity I'll nail him on. Today was the swearing in at the State House. A day-long fest of self-congratulation enough to make you puke. So the Rep's wife and two teenage daughters come in to partake in the festivities. Now say what you will about my Rep (and there isn't a lot to say), but philandering or any kind of inappropriate behavior toward women is not on his radar. He has really never once done anything remotely inappropriate or forward towards me. But today he did the oddest thing. I hardly ever wear necklaces but today I was wearing an antique charm bracelet that belonged to my aunt and which I had hanging from an antique gold chain around my neck. It's a very unique and beautiful piece but just not something I'd wear every day. Anyway, as he and his family were leaving for lunch, my boss reached across and lifted up the bracelet from my chest to look at it. Not just look at it but look at each individual charm...while inches from my breast... This just seemed like the strangest thing to do to your female employee in front of your wife and teenage kids! What the hell was he thinking? Maybe he's trying to re-kindle his love life with his wife by trying to get her jealous? Or maybe he is even stupider than I thought.



Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?