<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, January 17, 2005

Mad Mother's Metaphors. Innate improvisatorial mania is, I've decided, a magnificent Darwinian advantage on today's nano-second changing stage. I may be a lousy cook but I can whip up life-altering metaphorical lessons for family and friends faster than beaten fluffy egg whites. "You see this smeared cream cheese and raspberry jelly on the stainless steel refrigerator I asked you to please be considerate of and not smear? This is a metaphor of your life son ..." "You see these shampoo bottles and skin cream products lined up on your bedside table next to the J. Crew shopping bag? This is a metaphor of your life daughter..." "The fact that you didn't join your daughter to walk the dog around the block in 1 degree weather? This is a metaphor of your life friend." I'm sure I could think up plenty of life-altering metaphors for my life but I am a born delusionist who likes to think I am perfect as is. Although honestly a whore analogy wouldn't be entirely misplaced at the moment... Here I am writing fluff adjectives for my boss kissing ass for a coveted chairmanship position to which he has no qualifications. The adjectives fall off my fingertips onto the keyboard like light rain sprinkling thirsty flowers. But if he gets any chairmanship I shall have to quit or have no ethical honor left... Of course it's a lot easier to quit on ethical grounds when you have another job lined up...

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?