<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, January 21, 2005


As beautiful as this white gardenia plant is -- the very one I blame for keeping me from going into work to face Fritz the Mouse and all those pallid peons called State employees today -- it is really the double-glazed window behind the plant that astonishes. Outside it is but 7 degrees Fahrenheit yet both this tropical plant and I sit comfortably side by side -- both pretending we are places we aren't I suppose: the plant pretends it is in the exotically sweet tropics of Africa or Asia -- itself emanating an exotic lush fragrance that casts me to places I've never been. I pretend I am in the office in Boston helping down-trodden constituents and practically-illiterate Reps. Thanks to Audix, VPN, and other virtual toys, very few would know I wasn't really in the office save for my one colleague and of course the boss. The only downside to my CEO-like office suite is when the two o'clock sun starts streaming into the window next to my desk. It makes me sleepy... The rays warm me, and the gardenia blossom as well for it exudes a potent fragrance and my head becomes siesta-esque. There is an inviting day-bed just behind me with two magazines that want to be read... Has the State House lost an hour of my time spent taking a quick nap? No not really. Because afterwards I feel a bit guilty and am doubly productive. Posted by Hello

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?