<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, January 24, 2005

After touring the state's roads in his own vehicle and riding Route 128 with a state-employed snow plow operator Sunday, Gov. Mitt Romney declared state offices closed for Monday, January 24th. Only 'essential' and emergency state workers are expected to report to work Monday in Bristol, Essex, Middlesex, Norfolk, Plymouth, and Suffolk counties, as well as the three counties that make up Cape Cod and the islands of Martha's Vineyard and Nantucket. "They know who they are," said Romney press secretary Shawn Feddeman, referring to the so-called essential employees. Hmmm. Maybe I'll bake something today...

"Oh youuuuu-hoooo!!" I yelled out to the tractor plow barreling up the street at 4 p.m. yesterday afternoon. For extra measure I planted myself in the middle of the street and started waving at him. He stopped. I start batting my proverbial big ble eyes (they're brown actually). "I think you know why I waved you down, right? I'm Anna. What's your name?" Joe smiles. "Thirty bucks," he says. "Deal." And quicker than a sixteen-year-old, he was done. No, no not that... He was done with my driveway. Fifteen mammoth scoopfuls of white deposited neatly to the left and right so that in the event I need to go to the store for more wine or firewood, I can. "Thanks a million" I said and I meant it. "Anytime...," and he was off up the road to the next woman outside shoveling -- husband inside at the fireplace with a 'sore back....'

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?