<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, December 17, 2004

Who eats a bowl of cold cooked red cabbage for breakfast!? Why an Austrian husband of course. He's never actually done that before mind you. Maybe he misses home. Well the favorite sister-in-law arrives next week. Maybe that will get the kraut out of his system.

Austrianized House. When an Austrian in-law comes, you Austrianize your house. Well I do. It was just those five years living in the country of cleanliness that did it. I took every Oriental rug in the house out into the garden and beat them with a tennis racquet to get out the dust, sand, dog hair, and dander of life. I wiped down every hill and dale of wood. Polished glass, conditioned leather furniture, and washed the wood floors. After you wash the wood floors, this is when you put on your favorite music i.e. take two rag towels and 'ice-skate- up and down the length of the house with the towels under your feet while listening to Etta James. The floors will be gleaming afterwards I promise. You just have to be careful afterwards because you could f****** kill yourself walking along with socks in the house.

The daughter comes home tomorrow after two morning finals Monday: Economics and Mathematics within twenty minutes of each other. A daughter cut from her father's cloth because if I had to take either of these tests I'd just as soon jump off a bridge. The whole studying thing can't be going too badly because she had enough time to call me and tell me that pyscho roommate 'borrowed' her perfume without asking. And came home drunk. And kept her up all night walking in and out of their room.

The topic of the Peterson trial came up between hubby and me for some reason. The question arose as to whether one could stand life in prison. Hubby would hang himself he said. I could probably do it. I'm very good at adapting to whatever new reality comes my way. But hubby was in a funk all day after our conversation... That anyone would throw their lives away like that... relegate themselves to a situation of incarcerated hell. I reminded him of how many distinguished, very intelligent people in history have thrown it all away for the moment. For that exhilarating high that makes a former President Clinton invite an intern in for a blowjob. He bounced back didn't he? Hubby could not understand that a feeling which makes you feel so alive could supersede the bigger picture. OK...

Embarrassing Moment. Hubby's company Xmas party was the night before last -- an Italian restaurant in the North End of Boston. So I make my glamorous entrance by not being able to get out of my jacket. The zipper is absolutely stuck. Of course it's not bad having three rather nice looking Italian waiters working on unzipping your zipper at chest level... Oh god did I say that? After that I was all feisty and started in on the 'top' sales guy about his Lance Armstrong yellow wristband in support of cancer research. "You know that wearing those cause cancer don't you...?"




Comments:
Good article. I certainly love this site.
Continue the good work!

Visit my page; social bookmarking service
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?