<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, December 15, 2004

First stop a.m. A live radio broadcast in the district for a Toys for Tots collection drive. I'll say one thing. It's often the people with the least money who are the most generous...

First Voice Mail at the State House Office: 'Hi Anna. This is Dawn. Could you tell the Rep he needs to order more ketchup packets for the dina'h?' Second voice mail, 'Anna I just faxed over those confidential documents [your boss] wanted to see. Can you make sure he gets them?' Meaning that the young Czech guy who wants to open a new-concept restaurant near to the Rep's place probably doesn't have a chance in hell now. The Rep and the rest of the white boys' club in that city keep trying to hang on to the status quo but it's only a matter of time...

First Time in a Long Time I've Been Stood Up. My friend Diving Bird was a no show for lunch. Email misunderstanding. Nonetheless, it's a strange feeling sitting in a restaurant waiting for someone whom you finally realize isn't going to show up. Five minute increments of waiting become like little acts in a play: Act 1 (Five Minutes Late) -- God Forbid He Were Here First.... Act 2 (10 Minutes Late) - Geez. Come On I'm Starving. Act 3 (15 Minutes Late) - How Rude Are People Who Show Up So Late... Waitress May I Order a Cup of Soup While I'm Waiting? Act 4 (20 Minutes Late) -- It Was For Today Wasn't It? Wait, What Did His Email Say? Act 5 (25 Minutes Late) -- Well This Was a F***up... Waitress I'd Like to Order Now. Act 6 (Back At the Office) - Type: YOU STOOD ME UP!!! Send.

First Great News of the Day. Hubby is taking son to London for a good chunk of the Christmas break to do a quasi internship there. What a nice Christmas present. For me.... Because having a twenty-year-old male around the house for nearly four weeks during his college break, one who doesn't have a steady girl friend (if you get my drift) is nearly intolerable. Sure I love the kid. Just not in my house sleeping until noon and trashing the place....

First in Rip-Offs. Returning a defective light switch to Home Depot recently, I went to customer service to get an even exchange. But I did not have the receipt anymore. No problem; they'll still exchange the product but they won't refund your sales tax. Sure enough I looked up in the General Laws that after ninety days (or without a sales receipt), the store is not obliged to refund the tax you paid. Now a five dollar light switch is one thing. But say your 48" Plasma-Screen TV goes bust on Day 91...


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?