<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, November 18, 2004

Massachusetts Lieutenant Governor looked smashing in her retro-avocado green two-piece suit this morning. Really. But she should do something different with her hair. How boring is it to have the blonde highlight thing going? And lose those sensible pumps woman i.e. have the guts to be intelligent AND wear sexy pointy shoes. Nothing too flashy of course.

You can tell she has done a lot of these dog-and-pony shows. She is adept at making sure 1) every sentence she utters makes Mitt look good 2) her entourage of lackeys has supplied her with lots of stats and facts, and 3) she mispronounces the bill sponsor's name after having stolen his quote and leaving him with just about nothing to say because she read off of his (my) press release.

Next comes my Rep up to the podium. His Irish ears turn beet red whilst he fumbles, stumbles, and stutters his thank you's and blah, blah, blahs. Then comes the ride back to the State House whereby insecure, constantly-needs-stroking Rep asks one hundred times how he did. "You were OK," I say. "The best speech came from the Executive Director of the Mass. Chiefs of Police. He was good."
"Was I really bad?"
"You were ok. Healy really put you in an akward position by not leaving anything for you to talk about (and you don't want to leave a guy who has trouble speaking in general with nothing to talk about I thought...). You did the right thing by trying to address your comments to the students in the school auditorium but you talked so fast that I think it all kind of went over their poor little heads."
"Anna do you always have to be so honest?"
"Sorry Rep..." (God I hope the job I just applied for gets a response I think to myself...)

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?