<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, November 15, 2004

Making Them Shake. Oh I so missed my calling and am the born contractor. The plumber stopped by on his own volition to adjust the dishwasher he had put in crooked and to make sure our new gas burner was behaving properly. The painter didn't show up today however given that he called my VP of Marketing hubby of big company on his cell phone this morning to let him know he was having car troubles rather than risk the wrath of Anna Bloviation's says a lot doesn't it? 'Cause I know he has my number....

Baby Showers 2004. My expectant friend received a lot of stuff on Sunday i.e. I bet she'll be able to get through two months without ever having to wash a baby bib. I wouldn't say that today's baby shower is any more excessive than twenty years ago when first-born son opened his baby blue eyes to the planet. But then again I didn't have a baby shower. So it's hard to say whether I would have scored the shear volume of gifts my friend did. I will say that the list has gotten markedly more complex as to what is considered 'essential' compared to when I made my appearance on the planet. I don't know what to say guys. My first year was spent in cloth diapers in the jump seat of a VW beetle bopping through Europe accompanied by cigarette-smoking, oft intoxicated parents at the wheel. But that's another story. Today's purported prerequisites:

Rear-facing infant car seat
Infant-toddler car seat portable crib
Playard Sling or soft carrier Stroller
Safety Monitor Safety Gate
Diapers
Diaper Bag Pail and Liners
Rash ointment and Powder
Absorbent bibs
Booties or socks
Gowns or stretchies
Hats
Homecoming outfit/One-piece, footed rompers
Shirts and one pieces
Receiving blankets
t-shirts and kimonos
Changing pads
Changing table/crib
Bassinet crib
Crib bedding/blankets
Crib mattress dresser/armoire fitted sheets
Fleece blanket
Glider and ottoman or rocker hamper mattress pad
Mobile waterproof crib liner
Brush and Comb
First Aid supplies/Nail Clippers/Thermometer/Humidifier/Vaporizer
Bouncer Seat/Stroller/crib/ or Car-seat Toys
Swing
Rattles and Teethers
Developmental ToysGym or PlaymateJumper
Bottles
Breast Pads/shields and cream
Burp Cloths
Breast Pump
High Chair
Infant Spoons
Nursing Pillow Spill-proof cups
Highchair
Bottle Sterilizer
Baby Lotion
Bathtub
Gentle Shampoo
Body Wash
Hooded Terry Cloth Towels
Washcloths
Books, Music, and More

Shopping Cart Liner
Thing-a-ma-bob you put between mommy and daddy so that neither rolls over on baby when baby is in bed with mommy and daddy
Kate Spade diaper bag
Etc.



Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?