<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Speaking of entrepreneurial spirit (previous blog my hero Steven Jobs): How about the guy on eBay who was trying to sell his vote to the highest bidder? Fabulous. eBay, however, was not amused.

And speaking of votes, the boss is down in Florida right now helping to monitor the voting process. In the three days he has been down there (in a district not far from Ft. Lauderdale), he has seen people line up in two-hour-long lines to vote.

Bush must be getting a bit desperate because the other day he openly stated what the Republicans have hitherto more tacitly alluded: "You may not agree with me on everything but at least you know where I stand...blah, blah." Or to put this into battered-wife-syndrome perspective: "Yes, I beat the holy shit out of you but I'm the father of your children, blah, blah."

The kitchen project is on its' home stretch guys. It looks terrific. Or maybe it's just that I'm so damn happy it's more or less done. Strangely the kitchen has ended up looking quite a bit like lots of other kitchens you see featured in magazines. This baffles me given the amount of time and attention I took to making all the choices needed i.e. cabinet style, countertop material, appliances, layout, knobs, lighting, etc. You'd think with all those thousands of choices out there to choose from, the kitchen would look, well, a little more unique. I guess at the end of the day most people make selections within a predictable band of offered choices. Damn. Maybe I should have gone for that orange countertop after all....


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?