<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, September 16, 2004

PRIMARY WRAP: Most incumbents got a free ride around the State of Massachusetts yesterday. Three House Democrats were defeated during Tuesday's primary contests, which were notable for the lack of competition and low voter turnout. How else to account for the fact that Rep. Paul Kujawski took more than 73 percent of the vote even so he is facing criminal charges for drunken driving and lewd behavior? At least they were awake in Springfield where Rep. Christopher Asselin got trounced in his primary. He is, after all, under indictment with other family members in an alleged housing authority scandal. Nonetheless, he got 15 percent of the vote.

I voted. Did I not work here, I probably would have voted for the incumbent Representative where I live. But I didn't. Nice enough guy but he doesn't do a damn thing around here. He won handedly however. When I told my boss I hadn't voted for this Rep he was astonished. "But you work with him all the time. How could you not vote for him?" "Easy," I replied. "I work with him." The question I knew my boss's politician ego couldn't help but ask came, "So if I were your Representative would you vote for me?" "Probably not Rep. Sorry."





Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?