<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, September 09, 2004

Didn't getting named a Boston civil servant by Hominy Grits make me strap on one of two pairs of pointy sexy shoes I own this morning. And my Matrix black raincoat for good measure. You see I'm just not liking the adjectives swirling around me of late... empty nester bitching Boston civil servant. Ouch. That has pasty stupid hag written all over it. Who hasn't been to the gym in about two months either. I would like to think I am none of these things nor do I particularly want to become any of them. Two years ago at least I had the title of VP of Fun (really), a couple of admirers, and change-the-world idealism. Time to get back on my game. Don't need the admirers per se but the rest, yes.

Not that helping constituents isn't very fulfilling, and there is a LOT of flexibility to this job I wouldn't have somewhere else. However at what cost? I'm sitting in a quasi-basement surrounded by people who have made careers getting good at nothing. And little Fritz the Mouse, while more intellectually stimulating than my colleague, really gets tiresome after a while. At the end of the day, it's all about crumbs, crumbs, crumbs.



Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?