<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, September 08, 2004

Critiqued blogger Hominy Grits: "Anna Bloviation's is more of your traditional personal web journal sort of thing. No pretensions here, just a civil servant in Boston bitching about stuff. Nice change of pace."

Jesus fookin' Mary, as my beloved Irish folk would say. A civil servant in Boston bitching about stuff.... Yes, that's JUST want I wanted to be renowned for. Thanks Hominy. You've motivated me to start looking for a new job as of today. I'll be damned if my Urn-of-Ashes is one day inscribed 'bitching Boston civil servant.' If that happened it would mean that I had hid out for eons of years here at the State House amongst the pasty solitaire players and Fritz the Mouse until attaining my meager state pension. It would mean that I had whiled away the dead State House summers surfing the Internet all day long. God, it horrifies me to think what everyone did around here before there was Internet. Like how has my colleague stood it for all of these years?As far as the bitching about stuff goes, I'd frankly rather be known as an Outright Bitch than someone who bitches. The latter sounds so whinny.

This morning, for instance, I was an Outright Bitch. As I was trying to cross the pedestrian crosswalk to work, a blonde sun-glassed female in a black SUV sped up towards me i.e. You're going to wait while I ride up the road because it would be too bothersome if I had to brake. I stopped square in the middle of the crosswalk and glared at her. The hell I f***** am, I thought and dramatically gestured to the zebra stripes beneath my feet. When I was good and ready, I continued on my way whereby she rolled down her window and yelled that it was up to me to watch the traffic. Said I, "Take your gas guzzling wrong ass back up to the suburbs and start studying your driving manual, [you expletive]." I shouted this into her ear because I was so mad I actually approached her vehicle that she had momentarily stopped behind a car. You just can't escape your genes -- even at forty-four. In this case I can't escape my father who had a penchant for occasional bar brawls.... She drove on which was a good thing for I can see the headlines now:

AIDE TO REP. X AND SUV DRIVER HAVE KNOCK-OUT FISTFIGHT ON CROSSWALK TO STATE HOUSE OVER RIGHT-OF-WAY

or

AIDE TO REP. X GOES BALLISTIC -- PULLS SUV DRIVER'S FAKE BLONDE HAIR AND DEFLATES SUV TIRES WITH NAIL CLIPPERS

you get the picture...







Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?