<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, July 03, 2004

Line of slobber. That's something I didn't think about. We took kids and my mother over to the new house. While we sat drinking wine from plastic cups in the empty, echoing living room, the dog outside made a neat line of pressed-nose and dog-pant along the entire length of picture windows. She already has laid claim to her big, beautiful garden. She's got it easy. She has her own private landscaper that trims, weeds, and picks up after her.

On my side, I am discovering more and more things that need to be done in the house and that to do them will cost infinitely more than I had estimated. To the point that I would suggest to many a kid today to seriously consider a vocational school rather than a conventional, over-priced college. Become an electrician, a plumber, a carpenter. It's a supply and demand thing. Fewer and fewer people know how to change a lightbulb or hammer in a nail which means that these guys can up their hourly rate higher and higher. It's a good thing hubby's company made their quarter. I've got expenses....

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?