<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, July 08, 2004

Indian White it is for the trim. And lots of other custom colors mixed by Paul. There's a nice cement hue. And a beautiful deep, sexy, orange you could view if you happen to have this year's Georgia O'Keefe calendar and turn to the flower featured for July. There are some beautiful light olives and mustard yellows interspersed into the palette.

Paul helped me to pick doors. And floors. And kitchen. He made suggestions for window treatments, bathroom fans, and doorknobs. His knack is to seek out and destroy the bumps, warts, and BADS in a house and offer up a solution in line with your budget. Now I have a nice, neat punch list of To-Do's. But unfortunately the clock ran out before Paul and I could come to a consensus on the living room colors so it is up to my mother and me to try different ideas. "Try a red over the fireplace," he yelled as his cute buns disappeared through the American Airlines doors. Heh, with twenty-plus quarts of different paint to play with, the sky's the limit in terms of trying to create the perfect color. And fortunately there is Shawn at Water's and Brown Paint Store in Salem who can re-create any color from whatever you show him e.g. a certain flower in a Georgia O'Keefe calendar. I saw another woman bring in a Chester drawer and Shawn was able to match the stain perfectly.

It was necessary to don my dominatrix garb to whip my contractors into shape. Getting their cell phones early on when they don't suspect you of being a bitch is the best. I just keep calling them until they finally give up and put me on their calendar. "And you don't get your last $1,000 until the last perfect finishing touch is completed."

I saw a man shooting up heroin in broad daylight this morning on a street corner near the T-Station in Boston. Right there on a stoop of an 18th century house. I only mention this as a friendly reminder to the myriad of realities out there...

I am up to my ears in paint but yes I did register that John Edwards was chosen as Kerry's VP pick. Anti-climactic really. The Republicans are painting a picture of a green-behind-the-ears Edwards too inexperienced to be president. Hmmmm. Well we've seen where this administration's "experience" has gotten us -- specifically Iraq. So I'm thinkin' Edwards might be just the ticket....

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?