<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, July 07, 2004

If my Personal Designer from San Francisco weren't here right now, I think I'd be in tears. The personal designer is a.k.a. my friend Paul who has given me permission to say that he is my personal interior designer because it just sounds so good. Especially when I tell people we flew him in from SF.

I'd be in tears because it all gets to be so overwhelming. Hubby is in London and I have exactly 30 days to get our present house in broom-swept condition and the new house to beautiful. Paint color is the hardest part of the whole process. Even if one were to do the whole house all white it wouldn't be easy because there are dozens and dozens of different whites: Linen, Cameo, China, Foggy Mist, and on and on into confusion. To make things even more challenging, a 50's house has angles, planes, and picture windows that make a color look great on one wall and terrible on another.

Paul bought twenty little cans of paint to try out colors on walls yesterday (yes twenty). The interior of the house looks like a patchwork quilt at the moment. Sigh.

We are getting there but it requires a lot of focus and patience. Workers have been 'lined up,' but at this point they are all a theoretical concept i.e. I'm sitting on a lot of written estimates but not one worker has actually begun to do anything...


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?