<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, June 11, 2004

My insults to the selected Commander-in-Chief so infuriated one of my conservies yesterday, that he has asked to be removed from my email list. Heh, I'd be smarting too if as an intelligent individual I suddenly realized my ideology was grotesquely naive and not faring so well against the fan of world reality i.e. I'm tempted to paste a few of this guy's earlier emails about his supreme conviction of WMD's in Iraq and other blather but why kick a wounded wayward pragmatist?

Or maybe it was the PDF file I sent him that made him fly off the handle. The Wall Street Journal recently got hold of secret documents outlining the advice the Justice Department lawyers gave to the CIA regarding the torture of prisoners. I thought as a lawyer he might be interested to know that according to the Washington lawyers:

"None of the provisions of the Geneva Convention Relative to the Treatment of Prisoners of War (Aug. 12, 1949) apply to al Qaida detainees because...."

This conservie has always had difficulty seeing life from anything than a completely Americanesque view. I am indeed quite confident that he could find a compelling way to argue that of COURSE it's ok if America chucks the Geneva Conventions under the pretext that America's national security interests supersede anybody else's and so it's ok to humiliate and torture detainees (a number of which ended up not only humiliated and tortured but DEAD as well). Throw in a couple of Anna's choice words for the selected Commander-in-Chief and the guy starts hissing like an angry cornered cat.

If it helps him to have me not emailing him links or comments that might threaten his linear-thinking world, then so be it. Perhaps along with my promise not to send him anymore emails, I should also send him a little teddy bear to sleep with at night.... Coward!!

But lest you fear that Anna Bloviation's is doing nothing other than pissing off conservies to the extent that they are becoming even more ideologically entrenched, fear not. I have three success stories to boast as well. One of them is still a little shaky but I think by November he'll be ok. Otherwise I'll just duct tape him to his office chair so he can't go out to vote.

And BTW how can you hate the French when you read things like this?

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?