<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, June 09, 2004

I made an appointment with Crime and Death Scene Cleaning (CDSC)... No not to clean up Fritz-the-chocolate-thief-mouse's remains. For that we have pasty state employees dragged out from their musty offices to do the job. Rather CDSC has been assigned to clean up the cat urine smell in the small utility room of the new house we are buying.

I wonder if it is psychologically significant that the owner of Crime and Death Scene Cleaning is a former middle school teacher of 27 years. As it turns out, he used to teach at my kids' school and retired shortly after the youngest graduated (purely coincidental I'm sure). Proud of his work, he referenced a job he had just completed in my town. The house had been home to an elderly couple who kept four cats and a dog. When the new owners moved in, they had the house professionally cleaned to remove the acrid pet odors emanating from the basement. Apparently the cats had been getting in between the walls of the finished room which left Crime and Death Scene Cleaning to haul away 140 pounds of cat poop that had accumulated over the years. Heh why should I be the only one to suffer this disgusting story?

Now I am on my way to work to help an eighteen-year-old constituent born with very mild cerebral palsy who wants nothing more than to join the military and make something of himself. So far his requests have been denied. I predict for not much longer though and not because of my efforts. I predict it will be because the military is short on willing-and-able bodies. I predict they might even take the kid I tried to get in last month who had been denied because of a drug possession charge on his record. Today the military claims categorically not to want his ilk but tomorrow who knows? 'Cause lo' and behold it's funny how regulations are interpreted anew when it fits the occasion. Kind of like the Washington lawyers who deemed it acceptable to throw the Geneva Conventions out the window thus leaving a window open for detainees to be tortured for information under the pretext that it is in the United State's national best interest. One hundred forty pounds of cat poop pales in comparison to the stench of this hypocrisy.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?