<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, March 18, 2004

Wow... I got a lot of email responses to my comments about spam in my last blog posting. A few of note:

1) "Don't take me off of your list. I don't mind your dumb jokes and
ridiculously far-left commentary."

2) "Hey Anna-I think instead of sending all the junk e-mail you should spend
more time in the kitchen
. This recipe is a good place to start. Your family will love you for it! I will be sending you a daily recipe. You should report back to me on how it came out..."

3) "Well, I have to weigh in here for the argument about a little discrimination in these vast mailings. If I get one more chain letter with bunnies, angels or cute pictures of kittens I am going to scream! Often these files are huge and block my slow mailbox for ages while all the furry cuddlies are being downloaded. And truly, life is too short. So yes, email is the most wonderful thing to have happened in my lifetime. But, please a little restraint when it comes to filling mailboxes endlessly. Or maybe more than one mailing list? Politics list, jokes list? personal friends list? And don't tell me that you think of me when you hit send to list, it simply isn't true...and tell me how you are?"

My answers to comments two and three:

2) OK deal! Send me a recipe every day. Heh, it's never too late to teach an
old dog a new trick, right? But they have to be EASY and QUICK. So that I can get back to my computer to send emails...

3) I agree that I would probably feel differently about emails if I didn't have
a high-speed connection. In fact I might not use the computer at all if that
were the case. As to bunnies and angels, chain letters and kitties, NO WAY have I ever sent you such sentimental subject matter. Nor to anyone else on my other
distribution lists (ok I sent a chain letter ONCE). I do have my standards! The
only bunny I MIGHT send would be if Ann Coulter posed for a Playboy centerfold
(Subject: Conservative Boob)
. As to angels, I have yet to come across one. And yes, I do so think of you!

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?