<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, March 19, 2004

Tables Turned. Extracting revenge proves an elusive goal when one's adversary has inherited the same "luck" genes as the mother. The one's which have helped Anna Bloviations out of plenty a pickle and tight spot believe you me....

All was going well on the revenge front. If you recall, I had made arrangements to have all four of the son's wisdom teeth pulled following his lackluster performance at his very expensive college this semester and really rather irresponsible antics to round out the equation. So there he sat on the couch the first few days -- nursing his sore mouth as opposed to a Corona beer on a beach. None of his friends is around. Even Mother Nature added a nice touch to the set by dumping about eight inches of snow. On the chalkboard of life, I was now clearly zillions of points ahead.

"Boy your friends in Acapulco aren't going to believe it when you tell them we got snow!"

"Funny, Mom. Really funny."

"Heh guess what Mom?" asked the son with a big grin on his face when I got home from work. He was looking suspiciously smug... In fact he seemed to be positively glowing . I should interject here that never before had the dentist seen such a quick and painless recovery from a wisdom teeth extraction as that which the son was demonstrating over the course of the week.

"I just talked to one of my buddies down in Acapulco. Seems when they got down to the Hyatt, the hotel had just gone on strike and the place was boarded up. The only place they could find to stay was a hotel about four miles inland. It's supposedly a dump. And in not a very good neighborhood."

"You're kidding...."

"So I guess this spring break hasn't been so bad after all! I got my wisdom teeth taken care of. Saved a lot of money. I've been eating home-cooked meals. Got all my laundry cleaned. Got some new clothes. And I got to catch up on a lot of movies on this great Plasma TV Papa bought. Is it OK if we eat dinner early tonight? I'm kind of hungry."

So about that chalkboard of life... My only consolation is that even at a dumpy Acapulco hotel you can get a suntan. And near proximity to a beach isn't necessary to getting laid; a flea-bitten bed will do too.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?