<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, February 18, 2004

I'M BACK from London with a suitcase full of stories feeling both extremely jet-lagged and refreshed at the same time. But no stories tonight except to mention the plethora of stilettos which I can still hear clicking en masse and with a vengeance along the streets of London (the sound is not unlike horses clumping along a paved road if they were Starbuck's caffeinated). Teeny-boppers on up to the grannies wear them. Amazingly and in spite of careful scrutiny, I was unable to detect even the slightest trace of a grimace or furrowed brow on the radiant faces of the stiletto-donners. This baffled me because I have worn stilettos and KNOW how they feel on your feet. Hell many women I saw in London were sightseeing in stilettos i.e. walking from the London Tower bridge all the way along the Thames to the Westminster Bridge. That's miles! The treacherous cobblestones and slick, rainy sidewalks didn't deter them one bit. Don't ask me how they do it but they look terrific. I guess I've just spent too many years walking a dog unhindered for miles on end that I could ever switch to scrunching my feet into pointy-toed heels to totter to my destination. But I did learn to tie my scarf in a very cool European way. That will have to do for the time being.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?