<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, February 03, 2004

I was so meant for royalty was the thought that crossed my mind as I waved to the throngs of people passing underneath the balcony on which I was standing. I had always wanted to stand on a balcony and wave to the masses and here was my dream fulfilled.

The door out to the Senate balcony had been mysteriously locked; so a couple of us (a few adventurous Senators included) crawled through a side window to the balcony facing the Commons. The Senators stood discreetly in the shadows lest roving reporters 'catch' them having snuck out to the off-limits balcony. Which meant that essentially anyone looking up to the State House this afternoon saw a woman in a bright red parka beaming from ear to ear and happily waving to the million-and-a-half people below. The roar of the crowd was astonishing and, well yes, I kind of got caught up in the moment and momentarily pretended it was all for me. Heh why not.

We had a perfect view down to Tremont Street when the amphibious Duck Mobiles filled with Patriot's players finally came into view. I admit I didn't see Tom Brady the quarterback but I did catch the glint of the trophy he was holding (made by Tiffany's). The glint in my heart was brighter though. A 'caper' is exhilarating (even if it's just sneaking through a window) and frankly I wish that they weren't so few and far between. Kudos to us rebels who defied the locked door. I think second to being born into royalty I would have liked to have been a first-class thief like Robert Wagner in the 1968 series, It Takes A Thief. For the exhilaration factor.

Oh did I tell you that hubby talked to his older brother? The one who tried to commit suicide over the holidays? He didn't have time to talk because he was late for a tennis game.... does anyone else see anything a bit incongruous here?

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?