<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, January 26, 2004

Bye, bye Captain Kangaroo. I don't know about everyone else but I got pretty misty-eyed when I heard that my childhood buddy had passed away. As an only child, Captain Kangaroo and the gang were my sole company the early hours of many a Saturday morning while my mother still slept. Which probably explains a lot... I was an addict of the show. I adored Mr. Moose. And Bunny Rabbit (who always tricked the Captain out of carrots). Grandfather Clock. Mr. Green Jeans and Tom Terrific.

No such sentiments about Mr. Rogers. He always seemed so stiff. So repressed. So anal about everything... Wonder if anyone has done their doctorate thesis on kids who were faithful to (and molded by) the Mr. Rogers' camp versus Captain Kangaroo?

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?