<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, December 20, 2003

Christmas card mail merges are very UNconducive to finding time to write.... Take one Access Database designed by a State House intern five years ago, a dozen-or-so legislative aides who have made entries since then, a boss who hands you a folder with scribbled addresses written on everything from scraps of paper to napkins, and a colleague whom I frankly hope never decides to procreate, and voila!, welcome to my life over the last few days!

At last 2,800 labels have been printed -- destined as they were for a wide cross section of our district's populace. I'll just say that I hope I never end up in elderly housing with nothing to look forward to other than a Christmas card from my Legislator. 'Cause the only reason you get that card is he/she knows one of the few things you still do is go out and vote....

Now back to enjoying the holidays. Like going out with a friend on our annual moving-going outing -- something very PG-rated that no hubby, friend, or offspring would be caught dead going to. Last time it was Nemo. This time Elf. Elf is interesting from the standpoint that it is so Level-10-Saccharin, you wonder what Hollywood is thinking these days. I mean it's not like they don't shy away from introducing evil scary characters into their kiddy movies. But this movie has zip, zero, nada bad guys. Maybe they figured that with all of the evil-doers already afoot in the world, they would go antithetical i.e. the very NON-evil route. Not that it was a bad movie. Just very non-EVIL.

Cards are out. Tree is trimmed. Logs a'ready. Ordered the standing rib roast from New England Meat Market in Peabody -- excellent beef although I can't vouch that it is completely hormone/antibiotic free. Next year I might try ordering from New England Natural Beef. And I can't wait until we open those kick-ass presents I was telling you about. The one I am going to take up with me to New Hampshire -- it'll be perfect after a day of skiing whilst reading a good book in front of the wood stove and sipping a glass of Merlot.

A tip for guys who buy Xmas presents at Victoria Secret: If you're going to buy your significant other something at Victoria Secret, then go all the way. Don't wimp out and buy flannel pajamas. Buy something sexy! If you want to play it safe, just buy that sexy whatever a size bigger than she may need. She won't mind returning it for a smaller size... Happy Holidays!


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?