<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, November 25, 2003

GO TO JAMAICA IN NOVEMBER MY FRIENDS I hate to make you jealous but I just got back from Jamaica for a five day get-away with hubby to celebrate his 50th birthday!!! Six gorgeous Jamaican waiters came out to sing Happy Birthday off-key Sunday evening. I've decided that Jamaicans get the award for world's most friendliest people. And they are damn attractive to boot. Ebony black skin, a pearly white smile that kills, manners, a sense of humor, and good god I even admitted to my husband after one too many pina coladas that these were indeed VERY attractive people.

Anyway Jamaica is the place to go in November. Perfect temperatures (75-80 degree Fahrenheit), GREAT deals (who travels two days before Thanksgiving?), no people (meaning you get the 50 extra unoccupied staff people all to yourself*). Check out the Half Moon resort in Montiego Bay. It is a five-star resort and during the high season they are outrageously expensive but in November they are the place to go: gorgeous beach, good food (all inclusive with drinks), Swedish massage (included), bike rides (included), tennis (included), and horseback riding (included).

Whilst there, I read Michael Moore's "Dude Where's my Country?"

I issue a challenge to my conservative friends. Read this book (and submit a short book review to prove you read it) and I will read any book of your choosing. It's all about enlightenment, right?

Anna

* Spend five days in Jamaica during the off-season and you can kind of understand why the British were so reluctant to give up their hold on colonialism. Damn it's nice to have polite, well-educated, friendly, smiling people wait on you hand and foot for nothing...(i.e. the Jamaicans make nothing; the resort owners make everything).

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?