<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, October 15, 2003

I just watched my first baseball game in about twenty years. Long and boring really, although I do like the close-ups of the pitcher as he tries to maintain a poker demeanor whilst throwing a 95-mile-an-hour-pitch he hopes his batting adversary will miss miserably.

Rooting for the Yankees I was -- for the sole self-serving purpose that the Red Sox would be ousted and son would have one less thing from which to be distracted in his $40K 'sophmore college experience.'

As you can see from my ill-informed previous blog, I thought last night's game was the deciding game. Obviously not. I called son just after the Red Sox's win this evening to tell him of my disappointment that the Yankees hadn't prevailed whereby he good-naturedly, and loyally, hung up on me. So much for his having been born in Austria.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?