<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, July 22, 2003

Uday, Qusay Killed in Fierce Firefight! Well this ought to keep the media busy 24/7 for the next two weeks -- just long enough to detract from growing questions about the shaky intelligence that served as the spring board from which we justified war against Iraq. Let's just everybody glory in the fact that we have taken out two evil, evil, bad, bad, evil-doers and not think about the fact that the aftermath of Iraq is pretty much exactly what those against the war warned would happen! No, we won't be hearing much about that over the next week or so. I predict instead that we will be seeing a media splash of lots of brawny, heroic-looking American soldiers. I can live with that. Hopefully they'll have a few day's worth of stubble growing on their manly square jaws. I find that very sexy.

One thing is for sure. Whatever miniscule amount of media coverage Democrat presidential contenders were getting will now evaporate faster than spilled nail polish remover.

I promised I wouldn't be a whiny liberal complaining about the conservatives all the time but do I get to gripe against my co-worker? I'm pretty sure he is a Democrat anyway. He falls into the appallingly large category of state employees who have spent their entire careers getting good at absolutely nothing. After spending two and a half hours cleaning up after his incompetence yesterday, I told him right to his face that if he wanted to spend his life aspiring towards mediocrity, that was fine by me but that he should kindly not make it my problem... OK, that was somewhat harsh, I admit, and I did afterwards take a deep breath and again try to show him for about the hundredth time, the naming convention we use to save electronic files and how to file them i.e. last name, first name_subject.date. He asked why I was speaking to him like a four-year-old. I couldn't hold my tongue.... "Well," I replied, "our sixteen-year-old intern who comes in twice weekly seems to have mastered our electronic filing system. So can you suggest why I shouldn't speak to you like this?"

I'm thinkin' my personnel file just grew another quarter inch...

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?